First dates provide a great opportunity to get to know someone and find out if you click. They can be intimidating, however, so it’s helpful to have some conversation starters ready before the date begins.
Here are 55 idea s to get things going:
1) If you could spend one day living the life of anyone in history, who would it be and why?
2) What’s your favorite book or movie that makes you laugh?
3) If you were given $100 and could spend it on something other than yourself right now, what would it be?
4) What was an interesting fact about your childhood nobody knows?
5) If money wasn’t an issue and you could go anywhere for vacation, where would you go?
6) If you could trade lives with one of your friends who would it be and why?
7) What was the best concert you’ve ever been to?
8) Who in your life do you most admire and why?
9) If I were a genie and could grant you three wishes, what would they be?
10) What has been the happiest moment of your life so far?
11) Do you have any early memories from childhood that stand out to you as significant or particularly vivid?
12) What was the last dream that you remember having and did it come true in real life or not yet? 13 ) If I asked your best friend to describe you, what would they say?
14) What was the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
15) If there was only one day left before the world came to an end, how would you spend that day? 16 ) What do you think is your biggest accomplishment so far in life that made you feel proud and accomplished once it happened? 17 ) What does your family like to do together on weekends or vacations (if applicable)?
18) Do you consider yourself by nature an optimist or a pessimist? 19 ) How often do you find yourself talking about yourself ? 20 ) When was the last time someone did something for/took care of you that touched your heart and brought tears to your eyes (not counting romantic partners)? 21 ) If you were given a chance to go back and do one thing in your life over, what would it be?
22) What was the last time someone told you that you inspired them and how did that make you feel? 23 ) When was the last time you felt proud of something about yourself ? 24 ) What’s your personal motto or saying and why? 25 ) What has been one of the most embarrassing moments of your life so far? 26 ) What is an irrational fear/phobia that you have? 27 ) Describe a moment when everything came together perfectly. 28 ) Who was/is the biggest hero/role model in your life and why? 29) Do you consider yourself more introverted or extroverted (or neither)? 30 ) What has been the best compliment that you’ve ever received? 31) What is your favorite book/movie/TV show and why? 32) Do you believe in God and what does that belief look like for you? 33) What has been one of the happiest moments in your life so far (or in general in your opinion)? 34) When was a time when you had to be very brave? 35) Have you ever been to another country and if so, which one(s)? 36) What is the most beautiful place you have visited either physically or virtually? 37 ) If money were no issue, would you rather retire early, not retire early, or keep living the same lifestyle that brought on working constantly? 38 ) What are some quirky/unique habits that you have? 39) What is something that most people don’t know about you? 40) If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be? 41) If you could go back in time and relive one day of your life over again, which day would it be and why? 42) What do you enjoy most about who you are as a person right now at this age? 43) When was the last time that being around certain people made you lose your energy or zest for life ? 44 ) Who was your favorite teacher growing up and why? 45 Do you have any birthmarks, tattoos, piercings, or scars and if so, where are they located? 46) What is one of your greatest fears? 47) What are some of your biggest pet peeves? 48 ) If you had to describe yourself in three adjectives, what would they be? 49) If you could create a new word for the English language, what would it mean and why? 50) What do you hope that people will say about you when you’re not around anymore? 51 ) If you were given $1 million to donate to any organization or cause (either inside or outside of your community), what kind of organization would it go towards and why? 52 ) How has your life been different than what either your parents or grandparents expected out of their child/grandchild? 53) When was a time that a book, quote, or saying changed your life and how has it influenced the way you live every day? 54) What is one of your biggest fears when it comes to having children of your own someday? 55 ) Do you consider yourself more of an introvert or extrovert? 56 ) When was a time in your life when everything seemed to be going right , even though there were moments where everything seemed to be going wrong ? 57) What is something that you do on a regular basis that makes you feel connected to the divine (God)? 58 ) If you could pick anywhere in the world that would be your dream vacation spot and any excuse you to go there would be good enough, where would you go and why? 59) Do you have any weird habits or superstitions that you do on a daily basis? 60) What has been the best compliment that someone close to you could ever give you? 61) If there was a movie about your life , who would play you and why? 62 ) Who in your life makes sure to keep your feet grounded when things start getting crazy ? 63 ) What is one thing that people say about you that might not be true or doesn’t seem like the real “you”? 64) When was a time in your life when everything just clicked and no matter what was going on around you it seemed like all of it had meaning and purpose ? 65) What is something that you know for sure, even if no one else does? 66) What color best describes the energy of your soul? 67) If money was not an issue and you could do anything in the world without having to think about cost, what would it be and why? 68 ) What has been a time where you made a decision or took action based upon the fact that ultimately love was your guiding force ? 69) Is there anything from your past that still haunts you today? 70) If someone told you that they saw a UFO . then what would be your reaction as well as what questions would you ask them? 71) In what types of situations are you most likely to have an “aha” moment.