1. What did you do this weekend?
2. Did you stay in or go out on Saturday night?
3. Which did you enjoy more?
4. What’s your favorite place to visit when the weather gets nice like this?
5. Where is it?
6. I went there once, but didn’t get to actually see the place… Have you ever been there before?
7. How many siblings do you have, if any?
8. Are they older, younger, or all the same age as you are?
9. Do they live in town too, or are they far away from where you live now/grew up in?
10. It must be hard living so far away from them, especially during the holidays.
11. I know how that feels. I don’t get to see most of my family that often either… You might think it sucks, but at least you get to choose who’s in your life and who’s not!
12. That is true. But sometimes when someone chose to walk out of your life, it can hurt even more than if they had never been in your life before in the first place…
13. Well hopefully by now you’ve learned something about me… What did you learn?
14. What would you like others to know about you?
15. Does anyone in your family have any traditions where they live or celebrate specific events?
16. How long has your family been living in that house?
17. Did you grow up there too, or did you move to the town where you live now at some point?
18. What do you like most about this place that we’re visiting right now/where we just were/are about to go?
19. If I wanted to be funny, I would tell you all the things I don’t like about this place… But instead I will say what kind of music do you enjoy listening to on your way home from work or school on Fridays and Saturdays?
20. Do you have any weekend plans yet?
21. How many people are still ahead of us in line here (for whatever it is)?
22. I always love learning about other people’s religion and/or beliefs – what is your faith, if any?
23. Good for you! I’m just not ready to believe in something that…
24. What do you know about the “religion” those guys over there are following?
25. That’s nice… Have you ever been to a place like this one here before?
26. How much time do we have until it starts getting dark outside (for whatever event)?
27. Are you hungry yet? Want to grab some dinner or something to eat now?
28. Are we going out tonight after we’re done here/after this activity?
29. Do you prefer hot or cold weather?
30. I’m surprised you said that, because [insert random observation].
31. Tell me something about your [parent/sibling/cousin etc.] that I never knew before…
32. If you could have any superpower in the world, what would it be and why?
33. What is your favorite thing to do on a day off from work or school?
34. How often do you actually get sick of going there all the time?
35. That’s funny… You look like someone who does not get bored easily!
36. Do you know any good places around here where we can go dancing after dinner tonight? Or are we staying in instead…? (or insert another activity)
37. Do you have any pets?
38. How long have you had your pet(s)?
39. What are some of your hobbies?
40. Do you still do it now, or did you stop once your schedule changed/got busier with work/school?
41. What’s the worst job that you’ve ever had before this one? …and why was it the worst for you?
42. Was becoming a [insert title here] always something that interested to you, or did someone inspire to become one instead? Or what were you planning on doing before this career track presented itself to you?
43. If I could give you anything right now whether it be an object or advice, what would you want the most? (one of my absolute favorites)
44. Do you like surprises?
45. Were you surprised by anything today/during the past week/in the past few minutes?
46. Can I ask you some personal questions about your life that we haven’t talked about yet?
47. How was your first day at work/at school (insert new event here)?
48. That’s pretty cool… It sounds like a tough situation to be in though, so I’m sorry things turned out that way for you.
49. You know what song always cheers me up no matter how sad or upset I am…? Try to guess which one it is…