Ever want to go on a date but don’t know where to start?
Need ideas for inexpensive date venues that allow you to be adventurous and creative with your mate?
Try going to the flea market! You can find an array of unique treasures at these markets. Plus, let’s be real, it’s way more fun than going grocery shopping on a Saturday morning together. Not only will you both have a great time treasure hunting, but you’ll be able to spend some quality time together as well. It may take all day depending on how big the market is, so make sure you pack snacks and water bottles in case your date runs long. Here are some ideas of items that might catch your date’s eye:
– Find a date who loves to cook and get them some vintage Pyrex bowls. These can be used for meal prepping or serving at dinner parties. Plus, the date you find them on will probably be cheaper than if your date went out and bought new ones.
– You’ll both enjoy reminiscing about old times when you browse through vintage glassware like mason jars and Coca-Cola glasses (complete with logos). Check for chips and cracks before purchasing, but don’t let those scare you away! They add character to the glass; plus they make an excellent conversation piece later on.
A unique lamp or light fixture
– A date looking for home decor may like the idea of repurposing something like a metal lamp into one that has more modern appeal. It’s like taking something old and making it new again!
– A date looking to add some nature to the room might love bringing home a rustic light fixture made from barn wood. Place some fresh flowers on your date’s nightstand or dresser to add a pop of color and make their space really come alive.
Chair or bench for an outdoor patio
– For the date who loves spending time outdoors, find them either a chair or bench to spruce up their patio/deck/porch area. These are usually very affordable at the market! Plus, you never know when they’ll decide to redecorate inside, so finding something they can use both indoors AND outdoors will make your date even happier!
Remember: Flea markets provide a wide variety of date ideas, so get creative and see what you can find. Just remember to bring cash if you’re buying; most flea markets don’t accept credit cards! Happy date hunting!
To learn more about me or to contact me, visit my website: www.acomwriter.com . For more articles like this one and many other topics, please click the “Upcoming Post” tab at the top of my page. copyright © 2018 by Allison Chin-Lorraine all rights reserved
Readers – enjoy my writing, but remember it’s only words on a page without you. I hope this article has helped you, but don’t stop here! Tell me what you think. Share it with your friends on social media. Help me get the word out about my writing. I can’t do this without you! For more information about how to do any of these things, please read my blog . Thank you so much for your time & support!
Post date: May 26, 2018
Author Bio: Allison Chin-Lorraine is an aspiring author and freelance writer who enjoys writing content that empowers others to achieve their goals. She’s also an avid reader and lover of all things tea related (including #teaiscoolandthecity). To contact her or read more of her writings visit www.acomwriter.com . copyright © 2018 by Allison Chin-Lorraine all rights reserved
Upcoming Post: “5 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Ex’s Social Media When You’re Still Single” date TBD – this is a date I have in mind. I just haven’t written it yet! Stay tuned…
Feature Post: date TBD – maybe something based on reader input, but I haven’t figured that out yet.
Let me know what you think in the comments below! And feel free to share this article with your friends who date via social media or email, if you can stand it 😉 #whatsmylineagain?
Until next time… Reads Two Cents for April 19, 2018 ( Upcoming Blog Posts ) Copyright © 2018 by Allison Chin-Lorraine all rights reserved
Reads Two Cents for April 19, 2018 Title: date idea : See What You Can Find At The Flea Market Keywords to include: date idea (for the context of this article) [ARTICLE START] When it comes down to date ideas, there are millions out there. One that’s unforgettable is taking your date to a flea market or thrift store. There are so many things you can find at these shops, including unique date ideas! Check out some of my favorite examples below. Read all about it in ” date idea : See What You Can Find At The Flea Market .”