When was the last time you were out in nature? I’m sure it has been a while for most of us. After all, with the busy lives we lead, all of our work is done inside or at least near buildings. We have become so used to being indoors that spending most evenings surrounded by four walls, whether it be in front of the TV or on the computer, doesn’t seem like that big of an issue. That is why date nights are necessary; they allow couples to get away from their technological distractions and spend some time together outdoors.
What if date night didn’t mean going to see a movie, but instead doing something healthy like yoga together in the park? It might sound odd (it did to me at first), but date night yoga is all the rage! It brings couples closer together, not only through exercise but because they are taking the time to do something good for themselves.
Yoga is a great date idea because it’s an activity that both partners can choose to participate in or not without any judgment from their significant other. There are many different types of yoga poses and there is at least one that any couple will be able to try together. Yoga not only helps you get into shape physically but mentally as well by freeing your mind of distractions, being present with your body, focusing on your breath and letting go of daily stresses. All things that can benefit you outside of date night as well.
Just so you know what you’re getting yourself into if you decide to give date night yoga a whirl, here are a few tips to help you prepare:
– Bring water and a towel. It’s going to be hot! There’s nothing worse than being dehydrated or getting stuck in your sweaty clothes all evening.
– Dress comfortably. Most likely you will be removing your shoes for the date night yoga session but make sure that what you choose to wear is loose fitting and free from any holes.
– Always stretch before starting your date night yoga session just as you would if you were about to work out at the gym or go for a run. Any pose imaginable can be done during date night yoga so it’s best not to start practicing when muscles are stiff and tight from lack of use.
– Don’t get too competitive. Yoga date night is all about spending quality time with your significant other and having a good time together. Focus on you both breathing in harmony with one another and take the rest of it slow.
– At the end of your date night, don’t forget to stretch out that body! The more relaxed you are going into date number two, the better off you will be.
Who knows, date night yoga might not only become a weekly date but something else entirely…I mean, it certainly has the potential to lead to date night sex.
Date night yoga can be fun and beneficial for you both regardless of your experience with yoga date night or even yoga at all. It’s a great way to spend an evening together outside of the house, enjoy nature and strengthen your relationship. And who doesn’t want that?
Now that we’ve covered date night yoga, let’s move on to date night dinners: 15 Healthy Recipes For Date Night . These date-worthy recipes will please your palate and make sure you two get back home safely by the end of date number three.