Second date idea: Find a nearby quirky museum
A lot of people don’t really know what to do on their second date. Second dates are generally reserved for those who you have been out with once already and feel comfortable around, but there is still some level of pressure. The first date can be extremely awkward if it doesn’t go well, but the second one you kind of want to make sure things keep going smoothly. There’s no reason to choose something complicated or intimidating because you’re nervous that things won’t work out. Second dates should be fun! If your first date went well then a second date could also include going to a quirky museum down the street from where you live. These unique museums can contain exhibits that range from strange animal/insect collections, to different forms of artwork and art installations. Second dates should be fun, so you don’t necessarily need to do something overly strenuous or expensive. In addition, if the museum is small enough you might have enough time to take a look around while also getting some food afterward.
Some unique museums [to get an idea for potential places]:
– The Morbid Anatomy Museum in Brooklyn contains a massive collection of various medical anomalies and oddities from history. It also includes a library that houses over 20,000 books on the subject of death and the macabre which can provide for some interesting reading material after going through all their exhibits!
– The Museum of Clean is located in Boring, Oregon. It’s original collection was started by a woman who ended up rescuing all these artifacts of the past that were wll beyond repair during the 1960s and 70s when everything was made out of plastic.
– Mutter Museum of Medical History is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It holds some rare medical specimens as well as historic medical equipment and machinery!
– St George Dinosaur Discovery Site contains fossils that date back to the Cretaceous which gives visitors an idea of what it was like when dinosaurs roamed the Earth.
– Bear Tooth Theatrepub is an old movie theater that has been transformed into a museum and restaurant in Anchorage, Alaska. It contains some old ticket stubs, posters and other artifacts from the history of movies.
– International Cryptozoology Museum in Portland, Maine is devoted to all different kinds of cryptozoological creatures such as Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster. They also boast exhibits on werewolves and sea monsters!
What you do for fun: Second date ideas or things to do with boyfriend/girlfriend or potential bae: Second dates need to be simple and easygoing so nothing too complicated should be attempted. Second dates can include getting drinks after work if your schedule allows it, walking along the boardwalk or beach, taking a scenic bike ride or heading out to explore some local restaurants. Second dates should never include anything too strenuous because this can easily end up leading to discomfort and even arguments! Second dates should be fun and easygoing and there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to find something that works for both of you! Quirky museums might not be an overly popular second date idea, but they’re definitely worth considering if your first date went well.
Posted by Juliette Marie at 3:03 PM 0 comments Links to this post
Background information [to use as knowledge, not to be copied verbatim]: Just like those living in suburban areas their own unique problems so do those living in rural areas. The problem with living in a more secluded area is that many just assume that isolated locations are always very quiet and peaceful or even boring! However, this isn’t always the case at all. Many of those who live out in farm country or the middle of nowhere have to deal with a lot of boredom because it can be harder to find things to do. In addition, there’s also a certain degree of isolation which can make meeting new people difficult especially if you don’t know your neighbors. You might end up feeling like part of a community but still feel somewhat alone since you’re not really connected to everyone around you.