Having trouble coming up with first date ideas that are cost-effective, fun and meaningful? Try taking your date out to give back to your local community. Whether you want to visit a nearby children’s hospital or help build homes in the surrounding area, there’s plenty of opportunities across the country for giving back in honor of Valentine’s Day.
To get started, visit one of these sites:
This site is free and provides an easy way to search through volunteer opportunities by state. You can also sign up for notifications when new positions open up in your area (and even choose positions based on location). Even if you’re not available to volunteer on Valentine’s Day itself, this site makes it possible to schedule time weeks or even months in advance!
Sign up to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity . This site allows you to search through all the local opportunities available. You can view them by date, time and location (and even in Spanish if that’s more your style). They also provide pre-departure guidance on what you’ll need to properly care for yourself (and your first date) while out in the field.
One of my favorite first date ideas is supporting a cause I believe in or providing service at the dining establishment where we’re meeting up for food! There are countless opportunities across the country, so make sure to do your research first.
Check back soon when I post about first date ideas that don’t require leaving home! If you like this article , please let us know by connecting with us on Facebook and Twitter. We’re also looking for guest posts, so let us know if you want to share your first date ideas!
Title image designed by Freepik.com .
Got an idea for an article? Do you have a first date story that is super romantic or super terrible? Submit it here and we might feature it in the next First Date Ideas post! See upcoming topics here . Want more first date ideas? Tune in to our first date episode on Saturday mornings at 9:15 EST while reruns are in season ( check local listings ). You can also watch previous episodes online anytime ! Just click here . Also join us on Facebook , where you’ll get all the scoop before everybody else! Plus, make sure to follow us on Twitter !
Thanks for stopping by! This first date idea post is brought to you by our first date episode . Thanks for watching and please share if you enjoyed the show! See ya next time. First Date Ideas website written by Wendy Clontz , Ph.D. 2015-present. All Rights Reserved. Images from Depositphotos . Articles may not be reprinted or used in any manner without express permission of author or First Date Ideas magazine . Unauthorized reproduction in any form is prohibited. Additional first date ideas images at Pinterest .
Why pay a babysitter when you can bring your kids along? Bring the whole family out for these first date ideas that everyone will enjoy:
1) Visit the zoo
2) Go to an amusement park
3) Try out that new restaurant you’ve been wanting to try together
5) Do something kid-friendly first, like check out a neighborhood carnival
6) Go to the aquarium together
8) Take your kids to Open Gym at their local gym. Then, when everyone’s had enough playing around, you can head home and enjoy some quiet time together too (bonus points if they serve alcohol!)
9) Visit any child-friendly spot that offers an adults-only section (i.e. House of Mirth in NYC has a great prix fixe menu in their bar area). Check out The Drawing Room in NYC for tea in their Art Deco Lounge or The Back Room in Charlotte for drinks in the secret bar behind the bookcase!
10) Check out these first date ideas for parents and expectant couples.
11) Watch a kids’ movie together (i.e. The Boss Baby , My Little Pony ). Then, when you’re all finished, watch something more adult-oriented together too!
12) Try one of these first dates with your significant other if you don’t have kids but are still looking for kid-friendly first date ideas !
13) Check out these first date ideas in Charlotte . 14) Bring your dog to the park . 15) Go ice skating at your local rink 16) Make things interesting by playing mini golf or checkers together 17) Build LEGO sets together 18) If there’s snow where you live, go snow tubing or skiing 19) Visit an arcade 20) Play laser tag 21) Watch a movie outdoors 22) Play games outdoors 23) Visit the zoo or aquarium 24) Go on an improv date
25) Test your trivia knowledge against one another 26) Participate in a community gathering 27) Go to a children’s museum together 28) See an outdoor concert 29) Check out any farmers’ markets that are happening in your area 30). Go shopping at carnival, fair, or festival 31). Participate in “twisted” first date ideas 32). Get competitive with one of these first date ideas 33. Attend karaoke 34.) Do yoga together 35.) Have fun trying new foods at food truck rodeo 36.) Explore art galleries 37.) Take a cooking class 38.) Start your own first date tradition 39.) Do your first date in a foreign country together 40.) Go to Shakespeare in the park 41.) Watch an outdoor performance 42. Give one another makeovers